Microplane® Etched-Blade Graters - Set of 3
Taste of Home KITCHEN APPROVED™
Professional chefs and experienced home cooks know having the RIGHT TOOL makes a BIG DIFFERENCE. High on the list? Quality-made kitchen tools that save us time and improve the taste and appearance of our food! That’s a perfect description of this 3-piece Microplane® grater set!
You’ve probably used a traditional box grater, which is made from a stamping process, so the ‘teeth’ are rather dull. Not only does it take more time and effort to use one of those box graters, but the food is more torn than cut. The holes get clogged, and it can be difficult to clean.
Microplane® graters are created through a signature chemical process. As a result, the ‘teeth’ are etched and razor-sharp, so they effortlessly cut through hard and soft foods without tearing. And it cuts in both directions! The Artisan Series from Microplane is a contemporary collection of paddle-shaped graters that make fast work out of zesting citrus, grating potatoes, carrots, onions, cheese, coconut, and other foods. Not only will the graters save you time, but they’re easy to use, clean, and store.
This 3-piece set features Fine, Coarse, and Extra Coarse blades in your choice of red, green, or yellow. Take a look at some of the foods you’ll be prepping like a pro:
• FINE – Perfect for zesting all types of citrus and grating hard spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and hazelnut. Hard cheeses like parmesan become wispy flakes that melt more quickly. A fine grate of garlic, onion, and peppers gives all the flavor, without the bite of larger chunks. (Perfect for making vinaigrettes or hiding the vegetables for picky eaters!) A sprinkling of finely grated baker’s chocolate makes everything special, from hot cocoa to ice cream and even a store-bought cake.
• COARSE – Perfect for grating chocolate or coconut. Coarsely grated carrots become a salad in no time. Easily grates hard cheeses, such as parmesan and romano, when you want larger slivers of cheese.
• EXTRA COARSE – Perfect for semi-hard cheeses, such as cheddar, mozzarella, and Swiss. This size grater is also perfect for making coleslaw and summer salads with apple, cabbage, or cucumber. Have some leftover potatoes? Grate some hash browns or scoop out the skins and top with freshly grated cheese!
There’s nothing like the smell and taste of freshly grated cheeses, chocolate, spices, ginger, and garlic . . . and the brightness that citrus zest adds to nearly everything! With these tools, it’s easy to add flavor and aroma, and add a little presentation panache too!
Did You Know . . . ?
Buying pre-shredded/grated cheese is certainly convenient, but you’re also buying anti-clumping, anti-mold additives! Cheese that has been prepped for you has been exposed to air during processing and packaging processes, so the cheese has lost much of its flavor and aroma. It’s drier, doesn’t melt all that well, and is more expensive! By buying your own blocks of cheese and shredding to the size you want, when you need it, you’re gaining freshness, flavor, and shelf life.
• Etched, super sharp blades work in both directions - saves time and effort!
• Versatile – Fine, Coarse, and Extra Coarse for a variety of grate sizes and foods (depends on the results you want)
• Surgical-grade stainless steel blades – long lasting and holes don’t clog
• Broad grating surface
• Soft-touch, ergonomically designed handle is comfortable to hold and use, even for arthritic hands/wrists
• Non-slip handle, edge, footer
• Protective plastic covers slide on/off – protects the blades and your fingers
• Back of grater is smooth for cleaning
• Dishwasher-safe – easy cleanup
• Compact – saves kitchen storage space
• Colorful – easy to locate quickly when cooking
Use and Care
• Grater blades are sharp and should be handled with care.
• Graters are dishwasher-safe. Hand wash the protective covers as needed.
• We recommend rinsing your grater in warm water immediately after each use. Remove trapped particles from the non-sharp side whenever possible. To remove trapped particles on the front, first soak the tool in warm water and then use a cleaning brush to stroke in the same direction as the teeth.
• Graters are made from 18/8 stainless steel and should not rust as long as they are not left to sit in water for long periods of time.
• Store with blade covered when not in use.
A Perfect Gift!
When you order for yourself, order a second set as a gift! Microplane professional quality chef tools are some of the most popular cooking tools in the world, and each one of these graters sells in kitchen specialty stores for $9.95 each. Hurry! This unbeatable value is available only while supplies last.
Colors: Green, Red